Date Posted: 04/05/2018 | Deadline: 01/06/2018 | Ref: KL/ME/CC
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Field-Based (South)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our flexible benefits platform
We are currently looking to appoint a Field-Based Competence Consultant to team to support our IFA and Mortgage firms across the West England/South West England. The successful candidate will join our dedicated team of Competence Consultants and be part of a key business unit.
The prime focus of this role is to add value to our clients businesses and in turn, the end consumer by supervising, coaching and developing all advisers in accordance with regulatory requirements, our internal T&C Scheme and operational requirements.
The successful applicants will be responsible for the following:
- Field-based monitoring, supervision and development of IFAs and Mortgage Advisers to further enhance advice standards;
- Compliance and audit discussions including coaching, development plans and follow up of remedial work;
- Managing ongoing competence and sign off of advisers including close supervision and management of transition from trainee to competent advising;
- Producing MI, Risk Reports and statistics for compliance and competence including sign off reporting;
- Identifying and reporting areas of risk with a view to providing solutions to mitigate and control further issues.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following experience, competence and qualifications:
- Full FPC/CeMap or equivalent;
- Diploma qualified;
- J07/H15 or equivalent is preferred but study support can be provided to attain this within a realistic timeframe;
- Experience of compliance and competence monitoring ideally in the IFA arena is preferred;
- Strong current knowledge of compliance issues/FCA regulations;
- Supervision and coaching of Financial & Mortgage Advisers;
- Competent in producing MI and Audit reports along with training needs analysis;
- Ability to coach, monitor and feedback to advisers;
- Manage own time and resources effectively;
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
This role will allow someone the opportunity to merge strong compliance skills with the development and coaching of advisers in order to enhance their performance, quality and outputs in order to benefit all parties.
The salary on offer is competitive, and dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, TenetFlex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- An invite to our annual staff Christmas Party & Conference;
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!