Technical Services & Research Consultant (Non-Investment)
Date Posted: 29/08/2018 | Deadline: 31/10/2018 | Ref: EB/JR/TSRNon-Invest
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, company funded PHI, life assurance and generous company pension.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Services & Research Consultant (Non-Investment) in our friendly and professional Horsforth-based Head Office. Reporting directly to the Head of Technical Services & Research (TS&R), you will be joining a fast moving, innovative team at the cutting edge of financial services research and development.
This role would be ideally suited to someone who has previous experience of working as Mortgage Adviser, Mortgage Administrator, Paraplanner or similar role.
The TS&R Consultant (Non-Investment) will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of a comprehensive suite of technical support services to the Financial Advisers of Tenet Group.
You will be responsible for the following:
- To deliver technical guidance and provision of product research via the helpdesk covering non-investment areas of financial planning (e.g. Mortgages, Insurance).
- To design, implement and maintain Tenet's suite of fact-finds and suitability templates for non-investment business.
- Communicate with advisers via phone, in writing and occasionally face-to-face to answer helpdesk queries or emails within SLAs and in a professional manner.
- To undertake ongoing reviews of Tenet panels of mortgage lenders and GI providers.
- To support DA Lime advisers though the maintenance of the DA Protection Club and DA Mortgage Club.
- To maintain internal audit trail of relevant panel areas.
- To ensure Tenet’s business systems are at all times up to date with any panel changes.
- To update and maintain Tenet’s extranet/member facing portal.
- Maintain proactive dialogue with product providers/lenders and third parties, identifying new ideas and market themes.
- Monitor and research technical and product market developments to refine our processes and inform advisers.
- Contribute to and on occasion lead on ad-hoc group business projects, in relation to products and financial planning.
- To contribute content for Tenet group publications as well as writing guidance covering products and regulatory change.
- To gain an understanding of how Tenet’s business systems and specific functionality can most effectively be used by advisers and their support staff.
- To report monthly MI to Head of TS&R where applicable.
You will have:
- CeMAP or equivalent as a minimum requirement. Advanced CeMAP would be an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of FCA regulation and regulated and non-regulated products and non-investment products.
- Excellent understanding of best practice advice processes, compliance processes, guidance, standards and procedures, financial parameters and panels.
- Experience of mortgage advisers and their processes.
- An understanding of the independent network model.
- Experience of using industry standard adviser business systems such as focus:adviser, Intelligence Office, Mortgage Brain, CI Expert, Defaqto Engage, AssureWeb, Trigold, Iress, Financial Express etc..
- Excellent organisational, customer services and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent office IT skills - Outlook, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
The successful applicant will receive a generous benefits package which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, TenetFLEX;
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 28 with service (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- An invite to our Annual Summer BBQ and our Christmas Conference & Party.
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!