Sinfonia Operations Manager
Date Posted: 28/06/2018 | Deadline: 31/07/2018 | Ref: BW/EB/SOM
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, company funded PHI, life assurance and generous company pension
We are currently looking to appoint a driven and motivated desk-based Sinfonia Operations Manager to be based in our friendly and professional Leeds Head Office at Horsforth, reporting into the Business Development Director.
The key focus of the role will be to manage the day to day relationships with our outsource providers and drive development of key propositions. Relationship management will also be a key part of the role, particularly to key supporters of our services and the role holder will also have responsibility for increasing the number of supporters/users by conducting meetings with new potential firms.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to shape the role and would be an excellent career development step, with exposure to a wide range of business areas and skills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements have been met in a timely fashion across services;
- Ensure that all literature is produced and distributed in line with the annual schedule;
- Manage executive level relationships with key external stakeholders;
- Drive development in all services to further the propositions in line with adviser feedback and the strategic development plan;
- Manage teams both directly and via matrix management;
- Hold team meetings (immediate reports and other key internal stakeholders).
- Look for new business development opportunities using market intelligence;
- Compile a business case for proposed initiatives and work with the Business Development Director to put these to Group Board for approval;
- Create a strategic plan to increase funds under management in Tenet investment propositions, critically evaluating MI when making decisions;
- Meet with high value supporters and potential proposition supporters;
- Deliver against financial plan for all initiatives;
- Work with the marketing department to create marketing strategies and campaigns for all initiatives;
- Represent Tenet at internal and industry events.
- On a monthly basis, provide a report to senior management on sales and sales support activities conducted.
Key types of activity:
- Attend industry events to gain market intelligence;
- Regular contact with outsource stakeholders;
- Project management of proposition developments and asset migration schedule;
- Event attendance;
- Business development – user calls/emails/site visits.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a financial services environment is an essential requirement;
- A basic understanding of financial platforms and investment funds is essential;
- Knowledge/experience of how a network and/or financial adviser business operates would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of fund management and investment platforms would be an advantage;
- Excellent time management skills, including co-ordination/management of others;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Excellent project management skills;
- Innovative and proactive approach to tasks and processes;
- IT literate across Microsoft suite of products including Word and Excel;
- Positive, friendly and helpful team player.
This role offers the opportunity to join a dedicated, close knit team of friendly professionals.
Salary banding is highly competitive and we also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, TenetFlex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- An invite to our Annual Staff Conference & Christmas Party;
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!