Non-Investment/Mortgage Quality Assessor (Fixed-Term)
Date Posted: 02/08/2018 | Deadline: 07/09/2018 | Ref: KL/NISA/SB
Job Type: Fixed-Term Full-Time
Salary: £23,000-£25,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our Flexible Benefits platform.
We are currently recruiting for a File Checker/Mortgage Quality Assessor, to work under an employed 12 months fixed term contract. The position can be office-based or home-based to suit the right candidate.
Here at the Tenet Group we like to think of ourselves as a fun, friendly, flexible place, with a really pleasant family-feel atmosphere. We are one of the largest Independent Financial Adviser support group in the UK with over 25 years industry experience, and we provide a wide range of services that enable us to provide quality financial advice and services to meet the requirements of our clients.
In this role you will be responsible for improving the quality of advice and file documentation whilst supporting our advisers.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- To improve advice standards through support and guidance with advisers;
- Assess advice and documents against the regulator and company standards and to agreed quality and quantity targets;
- To liaise and work with Training and Competence Supervisors to identify, plan and implement improvement plans for advisers to achieve the required standards;
- Provide support and guidance to the advisers on issues relating to advice and documentation quality, ensuring both written and verbal feedback is timely, supportive and of a constructive manner;
- Documenting and maintaining accurate records for files assessed ensuring IT processes are completed accurately so any management information can be relied upon;
- To work within the Advice Support Team to optimize resources and ensure maximum effectiveness with the minimum of supervision.
This role requires an individual who can demonstrate the following experience, qualifications and competencies:
- Full CeMAP minimum or equivalent is essential - (Advanced CeMap or equivalent is preferred);
- Solid demonstrable industry experience of the Independent Mortgage Sector specifically;
- Familiarity with the FCA Rules and regulatory updates;
- Previous experience in a Business Assessment, Compliance or T&C environment is an advantage;
- Ability to consult and coach advisers on advice documentation;
- High levels of accuracy with an eye for detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral;
- IT literate specifically in Word, Excel and Outlook.
The salary on offer is competitive, and dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, Tenetflex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- Annual staff Christmas party and Conference
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!