Business Development Manager
Date Posted: 28/06/2018 | Deadline: 12/07/2018 | Ref: BW/EB/BDM
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, company funded PHI, life assurance and generous company pension
We are currently looking to appoint a driven and motivated desk-based Business Development Manager to be based in our friendly and professional Leeds Head Office at Horsforth, reporting into the Business Development Director.
The key focus of the role will be to manage the day-to-day relationships with our outsource providers and drive development of key propositions. Relationship management will also be a key part of the role, particularly to key supporters of our services and the role holder will also have responsibility for increasing the number of supporters/users by conducting meetings with new potential firms.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to shape the role and would be an excellent career development step, with exposure to a wide range of business areas and skills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure that all regulatory requirements have been met in a timely fashion across services;
- Provide monthly reports to the Business Development Director;
- Ensure that all literature is produced and distributed in line with the annual schedule;
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders;
- Drive development in all services to further the propositions in line with adviser feedback and the strategic development plan.
- Input to the strategy of the business to increase assets under management;
- Meet financial plan by increasing assets under management;
- Manage relationships with key accounts;
- Represent Tenet at internal and industry events;
- Conduct meetings with potential leads to make them supports;
- Work with the marketing department to create an effective marketing strategy.
- On a monthly basis provide a report to senior management on sales and sales support activities conducted
Key types of activity:
- Weekly meetings with outsource stakeholders;
- Project management of proposition developments and asset migration schedule;
- Run team meetings;
- Event attendance;
- Business development – user calls/emails/site visits.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a financial services environment is an essential requirement;
- A basic understanding of financial platforms and investment funds is essential;
- Knowledge/experience of how a network and/or financial adviser business operates would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of fund management and investment platforms would be an advantage;
- Excellent time management skills, including co-ordination/management of others;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Innovative and proactive approach to tasks and processes;
- IT literate across Microsoft suite of products including Word and Excel;
- Positive, friendly and helpful team player.
This role offers the opportunity to join a dedicated, close-knit team of friendly professionals.
Salary banding is highly competitive and we also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, Tenetflex;
- Access to Perkbox – "the happiness platform";
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- An invite to our Annual Staff Conference & Christmas Party;
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!