General Manager - TenetSelect
Date Posted: 04/07/2018 | Deadline: 18/07/2018 | Ref: EB/SB/GMS
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, company funded PHI, life assurance and generous company pension
Reporting to the Adviser Propositions Director, the General Manager - TenetSelect will have senior leadership responsibility for both the setting and delivery of the TenetSelect business strategy.
TenetSelect is our directly authorised service proposition for Financial Advisers who wish to be directly authorised with the FCA, as opposed to joining a Network.
Key responsibilities within the role:
- To work in tandem with the Adviser Propositions Director to establish a long-term strategy for TenetSelect;
- To work cross-functionally within the Tenet Group to define, build and deliver an engaging value proposition to TenetSelect members;
- To establish and actively manage strategic relationships with key market participants who add value to the overall TenetSelect proposition and business model;
- Create and sponsor change/project activity that underpins the delivery of the TenetSelect Strategy;
- To work closely with key functions across the Group (recruitment, account management, marketing/comms, customer services etc.) to ensure that the defined value proposition is accurately positioned and delivered to both member firms and end customers;
- P&L forecasting and monitoring, ensuring that action is taken where necessary to maximise commercial performance;
- Development and ownership of localised and group-wide risk dashboard that ensures the risks inherent in the business model are anticipated and actively managed;
- To act as a figurehead both internally and externally to ensure that TenetSelect continues to build brand presence within both the Group and the wider Financial Services market.
Key activities will include:
- Senior leadership discussions/negotiations with key market participants;
- Contract negotiation;
- Establishing and leading cross-functional teams to deliver on a common goal;
- To act as a senior leadership escalation point for provider and member issues;
- To act as a brand and proposition champion, appropriately challenging the activities and behaviours of colleagues across the Group.
Essential experience required:
- Sales negotiation, presentation skills, planning and organising and project management;
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory and industry issues and ability to communicate in relation to these issues at all levels;
- Ability to identify key issues and respond to changing priorities while delivering objectives;
- Essential track record in developing business through delivering a wide range of initiatives within prescribed timescales and budgets;
- Experience of managing complex relationships and working across functional areas and regions to deliver against customer needs.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven track record within the financial services industry of working cross-functionally to define and deliver a comprehensive business strategy;
- Strong commercial background and experience of building investment cases that drive optimum business and customer outcomes;
- Highly developed and effective communications skills with competency at presenting strategic proposals from Executive level down;
- Strong skills in building trusting and productive relationships within matrix style organisations with the demonstrable ability to work influentially with senior stakeholders both internal and external;
- Exceptional leadership and people management capabilities;
- Strong organisational skills, with an ability to meet challenging deadlines;
- Broad understanding of all aspects of marketing including risk and compliance factors and ability to weigh and positively respond to/resolve issues and risks;
- Broad understanding of financial services market and products;
- Experience leading in a large complex organisation and of working collaboratively within that organisation to achieve outcomes through others both with and without authority;
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
It would be a distinct advantage if candidates possessed at least one of the following qualifications:
- QCF Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning;
- Marketing Diploma;
- A CII qualification, e.g. RO1.
The salary on offer is competitive, and dependent upon experience and qualifications.
We also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, Tenetflex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- A generous Company-funded Pension, plus Income Protection and Life Cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and General Insurance advice;
- An invite to our many staff social events, including our annual Summer Party and our Christmas party and Conference;
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!