Paraplanning Team Manager
Date Posted: 21/09/2018 | Deadline: 05/10/2018 | Ref: PPTM/KB/DEA
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, income protection, flexible benefits.
We are currently recruiting for a Paraplanning Team Manager based in our Leeds Head Office, currently reporting to the Compliance Delivery Director. The key purpose of the role is to facilitate high quality and timely paraplanning of cases for member firms through management and development of a team of administrators and paraplanners. In this role you will provide a client focussed service and resolve client enquiries in accordance with department policy and procedures.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Managing the team to financial targets as well as ensuring that individuals hit their own targets;
- Ensure that cases are addressed to appropriate quality standards, managing both individuals performance as well as the team overall;
- Work with the Paraplanning Supervisor and Quality Consultants to develop individual's knowledge and performance, ensuring a training plan is in place for new starters and trainee paraplanners within the team;
- Ensure all workflow is documented on internal systems and that there is a clear audit trail of work completed;
- Continually seek to improve process and efficiencies within the team and engage with IT on system development as necessary;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with other business units to achieve common goals;
- Continue to support the development of paraplanning, making it a sustainable, stand-alone business within Tenet;
- To promote the services of the team to both our internal and external customers;
- Support the development of the admin service and other initiatives within the department.
You will be able to demonstrate the following experience:
- QCF4 Diploma qualified, with a commitment to further professional and personal development;
- Chartered/Fellowship QCF6 qualification would be an advantage but is not essential;
- Current knowledge of FCA/Regulatory and industry requirements and ability to apply these;
- An understanding of the advisory market, regulatory guidance & standards;
- Previous experience managing/supervising a team;
- Good understanding of best-practice advice processes, compliance policies, guidance, standards and procedures, financial parameters, and panels;
- Extensive Financial Services product knowledge;
- Enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated team player;
- Able to deliver at pace and work towards targets but retaining excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound office IT skills – Outlook, Word, Excel.
The salary on offer is competitive, and dependent upon experience and/or qualifications.
We also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, Tenetflex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and General Insurance advice;
- An invite to our annual staff Christmas Party & Conference
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!