Office Team Leader
Date Posted: 18/10/2019 | Deadline: 15/11/2019 | Ref: KL/AQ/CSTL_1
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Up to £21,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our Flexible Benefits platform
We have an exciting opportunity in our Central Services department as an Office Team Leader where you will manage the department by ensuring an effective, efficient, positive and helpful service is provided to the wider business. As well as managing the Reception to ensure that a positive, friendly, helpful and client-focused approach is provided to visitors and callers.
Why is Tenet a great company to work for?
At the Tenet Group we think it's really important our staff enjoy coming to work. We're a fun, friendly, flexible employer and we were delighted to make it into the 2019 Top 50 Places to Work in Yorkshire and the Humber. We have also been awarded a 1 star accreditation by Best Companies for having high levels of employee engagement. We like to work hard, and play hard, and our performance related pay structure means the more you put in, the more you get back!
In terms of what we do, we are an award winning Independent Financial Adviser support group with over 25 years industry experience. We provide a wide range of services that enable us to provide quality financial advice and services to meet the requirements of our clients.
What you’ll be getting up to in more detail:
- Ensure all general office administration is undertaken as necessary by the team in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure the reception service provided is friendly and helpful with a positive perception at all times.
- Supervise handling of all incoming and outgoing post to the business.
- Oversee scanning activity for the business, ensuring an appropriate system is in place for recording, retaining and locating files.
- Manage the company car fleet and liaise with provider.
- Oversee overall responsibility for on-site parking.
- Proactively seek and implement improvements and enhancements to service provisions in line with business need.
- Undertake any other activities as delegated by the National Property Manager.
- Prepare and provide MI as requested.
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships across the business and externally.
- Record office expenditure and manage in line with set budgets, seeking opportunities to save money where possible.
- Ensure supplies of stationery and equipment are maintained.
- Oversee company travel arrangements, e.g. train bookings.
We’d love to see:
- People management experience and knowledge of objective setting, performance management and development.
- Leadership skills.
- Coaching and development experience through 1:1s and team meetings.
- Ability to work with different stakeholders through project work, problem solving and delivering difficult messages is essential.
- Enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated team player.
- Able to deliver at pace and work towards targets but retaining excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage budgets and resources cost effectively.
- Sound office IT skills – Outlook, Word, Excel.
Some of the benefits our staff love are:
- An annual performance-related bonus and salary review;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days);
- Access to our flexible benefits and staff discounts platform, TenetFLEX;
- 5% Employer Pension Contributions, rising to 7.5% with length of service
- Company-funded income protection and life assurance cover;
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Fee-free financial advice, including mortgages and insurance;
- An invite to our annual Christmas Party & Conference
- You'll also get a free Easter egg each year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
And if that wasn't enough! We also have:
- Free fruit on a Monday;
- Dress-down Fridays;
- ‘Fizz Friday’ where we all enjoy a little tipple at our desks;
- Social club events such as pub quizzes, day at the races, bowling and much more!;
- Plenty of fundraising events for charity.
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!