Date Posted: 15/10/2018 | Deadline: 18/01/2019 | Ref: KL/PL/RF
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: £21,000 to £25,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our Flexible Benefits platform
We are currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Legal & Insurance Department based at our Head Office in Horsforth, Leeds.
In this role you will be responsible for providing legal support to in House Counsel in the delivery of legal services and recovery of debt for Tenet Group Limited and subsidiaries. In addition, drafting of legal contracts, providing administrative support in regards to Insurance and generating PII run-off quotes.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Drafting Appointed Representative Agreements, Adviser Agreements, Deeds of Variation/Adherence;
- Review of supplies contracts;
- Providing legal support for the Practice By Out strategy;
- Providing support to the Privacy Officer for Tenet's data protection compliance;
- Provide full support to In House Counsel to obtain documentation, undertake research, and assist with drafting and creation of acquisition files.
This role requires an individual who can demonstrate the following experience, qualifications and competencies:
- Level 4 Diploma in Paralegal Studies or law degree and legal practicing certificate or CILEx Level 6 Certificate in Corporate;
- Ability to manage own workload and take ownership of tasks to ensure accurate completion; also be able to prioritise work and adapt swiftly to changing requirements;
- Knowledge of commercial law and data protection regulation;
- Desirable experience of financial services industry;
- Be able to liaise effectively, helpfully and proactively with both internally and externally;
- High levels of accuracy with an eye for detail;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral;
- IT literate specifically in Word, Excel and Outlook.
We also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, TenetFlex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- An invite to our annual staff Christmas Party & Conference;
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!