Lead Business Analyst
Date Posted: 06/02/2018 | Deadline: 20/02/2018 | Ref: DEA/LBA/MG
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Benefits: 25 days holiday, pension scheme, life assurance, income protection, flexible benefits
Due to new business opportunities underpinned by our technology proposition we are currently looking for an experienced Lead Business Analyst to join our team based in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
If you are a talented Business Analyst who can demonstrate the ability to work on process change initiatives, complex IT projects and want to be an integral part of a growing IT team, who work hand in hand with other business areas, then we would like to hear from you.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Effective leadership and line management of the Business Analysis team and setting the business analysis methods and objectives;
- Process re-engineering of operational business processes to drive business improvement initiatives;
- Collaborate with technology staff and SMEs to understand the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability, technical complexity, security and performance;
- Be the conduit between the business areas, 3rd Party software suppliers and IT teams on projects and system change activities;
- Working with Project Managers in the definition of project objectives, benefits and proposal production;
- Working on multiple projects and smaller system change initiatives simultaneously;
- Maintain an appreciation and awareness of emerging business analysis methods and standards.
Required skills and experience:
- Analytical and people skills to interpret business needs and translate them into structured system and operational requirements;
- Ability to identify and separate business process, business rules, business requirements and acceptance criteria;
- To investigate, analyse and document 'as-is' and 'to-be' business processes, business requirements and acceptance criteria;
- To collaborate with external and internal customers to produce non-functional requirements, screen and interface designs and MI requirements;
- Elicitation of senior management objectives and measures for change initiatives as well as process level requirements;
- Training and mentoring of other team members in business and process analysis methods;
- Excellent relationship building and influencing skills to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
The desirable professional qualifications:
- Experience of retail financial services processes and software functionality within the Financial Advice sector;
- BCS Diploma in Business Analysis (ISEB) or equivalent.
The salary on offer is competitive, and dependent upon experience and/or qualifications.
We also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, Tenetflex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- Annual Christmas Party & Staff Conference.
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!