Financial Crime Technical Lead
Date Posted: 02/10/2019 | Deadline: 15/10/2019 | Ref: JN/EB/FCL
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary:Up to £38,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance related bonus and pay, generous employer pension contributions, funded life assurance and income protection.
Why is Tenet a great company to work for?
At the Tenet Group we think it's really important our staff enjoy coming to work. We're a fun, friendly, flexible employer and we were delighted to make it into the 2019 Top 50 Places to Work in Yorkshire & the Humber. We have also been awarded a 1 star accreditation by Best Companies for having high levels of employee engagement. We like to work hard, and play hard, and our performance related pay structure means the more you put in, the more you get back!
In terms of what we do, we are an award winning Independent Financial Adviser support group with over 25 years industry experience. We provide a wide range of services that enable us to provide quality financial advice and services to meet the requirements of our clients.
Based in our Leeds Head Office, we are looking for a Financial Crime Technical Lead who will play a key role in making sure that all financial crime and fraud responsibilities are met to protect Tenet from legal and regulatory censure. To be an active, engaged and proactive member of the Tenet Risk team and provide support to the Senior Management team and the Group Risk & Regulatory Director (MLRO).
What you'll be getting up to:
- Responsible for the risk assessment, management and reporting of financial crime covering Anti-Money Laundering, Counter-Terrorism Financing and Anti-Bribery and Corruption risks. Maintain an effective control framework of financial crime, and fraud, risk together with effective advisory and oversight capability in Second Lines of Defence.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skillsets:
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Previous experience working in Financial Services;
- Professional membership to an awarding body;
- Recognised professional qualification (e.g. ICA International Advanced Certificate in Anti Money Laundering / Managing Fraud / Managing Sanctions Risk);
- Strong planning, organisation and time management skills with the ability to effectively deal with multiple work strands simultaneously;
- An inquisitive mind / good problem solver;
- Good communication, engagement and influencing skills;
- Ability to deliver oversight activity which can serve as indelible evidence to the Regulators that risks have been identified and within target processes;
- Good understanding of how financial services organisations operate and the associated regulatory environment;
- Good understanding of the regulatory environment, frameworks, methodologies and reporting requirements in respect of financial crime.
Some of the benefits our staff love are:
- An annual performance-related bonus and salary review;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days);
- Access to our flexible benefits and staff discounts platform, TenetFLEX;
- 5% Employer Pension Contributions, rising to 7.5% with length of service
- Company-funded income protection and life assurance cover;
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Fee-free financial advice, including mortgages and insurance;
- An invite to our annual Christmas Party & Conference
- You'll also get a free Easter egg each year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
And if that wasn't enough! We also have:
- Free fruit on a Monday;
- Dress-down Fridays;
- ‘Fizz Friday’ where we all enjoy a little tipple at our desks;
- Social club events such as pub quizzes, day at the races, bowling and much more!;
- Plenty of fundraising events for charity.
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!