Mortgage Adviser Mentor
Date Posted: 11/10/2019 | Deadline: 15/11/2019 | Ref: KL/PR/MAMS
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Field Based - South
Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum, plus car allowance
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our Flexible Benefits platform.
What you will be getting up to:
- Coach and develop advisory skills with new adviser (RI) within Tenet and follow up with support and observation meetings with allocated RIs as required.
- Identify improvements to the advice delivery and support high quality file assessment outcomes. Support interpreting and actioning feedback where required.
- Deliver clear feedback following meeting observations and assessments. Appropriate and timely interventions to individuals and take wider learning/RCA to improve Network advice standards.
- Analysis of KPI information.
- Updating Tenet systems to evidence appropriate level of supervision.
- Ensuring that all advice needs are identified and met or closed.
- Managing risk by identifying and highlighting areas of concern as well as implementing individual (RI/AR) risk based solutions where relevant.
- Achieving a high level of customer satisfaction with the services provided.
- Using good communication skills, both verbal and written in order to explain, advise, instruct and influence others.
- Promoting Tenet Group Ltd initiatives and enhance and develop ethical work practices throughout the Group.
The key activities:
- Supporting, coaching, monitoring, and giving feedback to develop competence.
- Close supervision and management of transition from training to CAS status.
- Investigative work to identify error, potential fraud and root cause issues and pull together reports detailing recommendations for improvement.
- Identify improvements to advice file assessments and deliver clear feedback to advisers. Appropriate and timely interventions to individuals and take wider learning/RCA to improve Network advice standards.
- Analysing KPI information.
- Creating and delivering SMART development plans.
- Championing TCF whenever possible.
- On-going one to one’s, monitoring and observations with Compliance Team Manager.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skills set:
- Previous experience of compliance and competence monitoring within a whole of market mortgage and protection environment.
- GCSE English and Maths A-C.
- CeMap or equivalent essential. R05, J07 and equity release would be a distinct advantage.
- Ability to interpret and appropriately act upon KPI data and internal policies, taking a risk-based approach to supervision and outputs.
- To manage own time and activity to deliver targets within operational requirements.
- Well-developed interpersonal and coaching skills.
Some of the benefits our staff love are:
- An annual performance-related bonus and salary review;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days);
- Access to our flexible benefits and staff discounts platform, TenetFLEX;
- 5% Employer Pension Contributions, rising to 7.5% with length of service
- Company-funded income protection and life assurance cover;
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Fee-free financial advice, including mortgages and insurance;
- An invite to our annual Christmas Party & Conference
- You'll also get a free Easter egg each year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
And if that wasn't enough! We also have:
- Free fruit on a Monday;
- Dress-down Fridays;
- ‘Fizz Friday’ where we all enjoy a little tipple at our desks;
- Social club events such as pub quizzes, day at the races, bowling and much more!;
- Plenty of fundraising events for charity.
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!