Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Date Posted: 17/10/2019 | Deadline: 15/11/2020 | Ref: KL/AK/SBA
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our Flexible Benefits platform.
Exciting opportunity to join a newly formed team, owning a key function for the wider business.
We are currently looking to appoint a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst to join our newly formed Business Intelligence team based in our Horsforth Head Office in Leeds, West Yorkshire.
You will play a key role in improving the data availability from multiple sources as well as creating complex MI for use by internal colleagues and external stakeholders. Working closely with the Business Intelligence Leader you will aid the embedding and evolution of the Business Intelligence Strategy.
You’ll get the opportunity to add to your significant SQL skills through learning C# and VB.NET. Over time you’ll get to try your hand at predictive modelling and location analytics. A desire to learn and grow your skills is essential.
Why should you join us?
At the Tenet Group we think it's really important our staff enjoy coming to work. We're a fun, friendly, flexible employer and we were delighted to make it into the 2019 Top 50 Places to Work in Yorkshire & the Humber. We have also been awarded a 1 star accreditation by Best Companies for having high levels of employee engagement. We like to work hard, and play hard, and our performance related pay structure means the more you put in, the more you get back!
What we do
We are an award winning Independent Financial Adviser support group with over 25 years industry experience. We provide a wide range of services that enable us to provide quality financial advice and services to meet the requirements of our clients.
What you’ll be getting up to in more detail:
- Build, maintain and develop Tenet’s data and analytics capability;
- Prototype new data tables, transformations and views for consumption by the lead BI developer;
- Liaise with the business to improve data and analytics understanding;
- Work alongside Business Intelligence colleagues to ensure the Business Intelligence strategy is embedded across Tenet;
- Carry out any ad-hoc analytical tasks.
We’d love to see:
- Demonstrable track record in an analytical and/or data gathering and role;
- Ability to review data with a key eye for detail but also with an analytical and logical mind-set with a focus on growth and improvement;
- Excellent organisational time management and communication skills;
- A problem solver by nature with the ability to deliver solutions;
- Ability to manage and manipulate large amounts of data (solid SQL experience is a must-have);
- Personable by nature, able to persuade and present to colleagues and external stakeholders;
- Previous experience within financial services is desirable but not essential;
- Degree level qualification in a technical or STEM subject or equivalent level of experience is preferable.
Some of the benefits our staff love are:
- An annual performance-related bonus and salary review;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days);
- Access to our flexible benefits and staff discounts platform, TenetFLEX;
- 5% Employer Pension Contributions, rising to 7.5% with length of service
- Company-funded income protection and life assurance cover;
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Fee-free financial advice, including mortgages and insurance;
- An invite to our annual Christmas Party & Conference
- You'll also get a free Easter egg each year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
And if that wasn't enough! We also have:
- Free fruit on a Monday;
- Dress-down Fridays;
- ‘Fizz Friday’ where we all enjoy a little tipple at our desks;
- Social club events such as pub quizzes, day at the races, bowling and much more!;
- Plenty of fundraising events for charity.
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!