Training & Competence Consultant
Date Posted: 14/06/2019 | Deadline: 13/09/2019 | Ref: KL/PR/CCDB_1
Job Type: Fixed-Term, Full-Time
Salary: £35,000 to £37,000 per annum
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our Flexible Benefits platform
Excellent 12-month opportunity to join our supportive and collaborative Compliance Delivery Team as a Training & Competence Consultant at our Head Office in Horsforth, Leeds.
We are currently looking to appoint a Training & Competence Consultant to support our IFA and Mortgage firms and be part of a key business unit. The prime focus of this role is to add value to our clients businesses and in turn, the end consumer by supervising, coaching and developing all advisers in accordance with regulatory requirements, our internal T&C Scheme and operational requirements.
Why is Tenet a great company to work for?
At the Tenet Group we think it's really important our staff enjoy coming to work. We're a fun, friendly, flexible employer and we were delighted to make it into the 2019 Top 50 Places to Work in Yorkshire and the Humber. We have also been awarded a 1 star accreditation by Best Companies for having high levels of employee engagement. We like to work hard, and play hard, and our performance related pay structure means the more you put in, the more you get back!
In terms of what we do, we are an award winning Independent Financial Adviser support group with over 25 years industry experience. We provide a wide range of services that enable us to provide quality financial advice and services to meet the requirements of our clients.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Monitor, supervise the development of IFA's and Mortgage Advisers to further enhance advice standards;
- Compliance and audit discussions including coaching, development plans and follow up of remedial work;
- Managing on-going competence and sign-off of advisers including close supervision and management of transition from trainee to competent advising;
- Producing MI, Risk Reports and statistics for compliance and competence including sign off reporting;
- Identifying and reporting areas of risk with a view to providing solutions to mitigate and control further issues.
You will be able to demonstrate the following skillsets:
- QCF Level 4 Diploma is desirable otherwise CeMAP would be essential;
- Experience of compliance and competence monitoring ideally in the IFA arena is preferred;
- Strong current knowledge of compliance issues/FCA regulations;
- Supervision and coaching of Financial & Mortgage Advisers;
- Competent in producing MI and Audit reports along with training needs analysis;
- Ability to coach, monitor and feedback to advisers;
- Manage own time and resources effectively;
- Well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills.
This role will allow someone the opportunity to merge strong compliance skills with the development and coaching of advisers in order to enhance their performance, quality and outputs in order to benefit all parties.
Some of the benefits our staff love are:
- An annual performance-related bonus and salary review;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell up to 5 days);
- Access to our flexible benefits and staff discounts platform, TenetFLEX;
- 5% Employer pension contributions, rising to 7.5% with length of service;
- Company-funded income protection and life assurance cover;
- Access to our free Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Fee-free financial advice, including mortgages and insurance;
- An invite to our annual Summer BBQ and Christmas Party & Conference;
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg each year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
And if that wasn’t enough! We also have:
- Free fruit on a Monday;
- Dress down Fridays;
- ‘Fizz Friday’ where we all enjoy a little tipple at our desks;
- Social club events such as pub quizzes, day at the races, bowling and much more!;
- Plenty of fundraising events for charity.
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!