Date Posted: 06/06/2018 | Deadline: 06/07/2018 | Ref: KL/SD/PARA
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Benefits: 25 days holiday, performance bonus, life assurance, income protection, excellent pension and access to our Flexible Benefits platform.
We are currently looking to appoint a Paraplanner, based at our Horsforth head office on the outskirts of Leeds. Reporting directly into the Paraplanning Manager, the key purpose of the role is to support members of the network via outsourced paraplanning services with particular emphasis on investment and pensions work.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Paraplanner services, researching new products and services providing a recommended route with well documented rationale;
- Acknowledgement of new cases with referring member firms, and where required, agree pricing on individual cases based on an evaluation of the case;
- Gathering data on existing schemes and production of comparisons;
- Assisting with the designing of suitability reports for the Tenet Group and the development of online paraplanning tools for use by member firms;
- Providing timely, compliant client reports to members, ensuring that both FCA and Tenet standards are met at all times;
- Managing partner and interdepartmental relationships from initial referral through to completion and ensuring excellent customer relations at all time;
- Supporting the admin team with technical training and supporting their ongoing professional development;
- Ensuring that all parties are treated fairly in line with our Treating Customers Fairly guidelines.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A detailed understanding of the advisory market, regulatory guidance & standards;
- Diploma qualified, with a commitment to further professional and personal development, AF3/G60 would be an advantage but is not essential;
- Paraplanning experience of general and complex cases, pensions transfer work would be desirable, dealing with clients via telephone, email and in person;
- Completing TVAS reports on either O&M or Select a pension for DB transfer cases would be an advantage;
- Enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated team player;
- Willing to learn and develop whilst embracing change and welcoming new methods of working;
- Able to deliver at pace and work towards targets;
- Good attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary banding is highly competitive and we also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, TenetFlex;
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- An invite to our annual staff Christmas party and Conference
- You’ll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!