Assistant Financial Accountant (Fixed-Term 6 months)
Date Posted: 11/06/2018 | Deadline: 22/06/2018 | Ref: AM/EB/AFATemp
Job Type: Fixed-Term Full-Time
Salary: Up to £21,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Benefits: 25 days holiday, company funded PHI, life assurance and generous company pension.
We are currently looking to appoint a part-qualified Assistant Financial Accountant (fixed-term 6 months) to be based in our Leeds Head Office at Horsforth, reporting into the Head of Financial Accounts.
The key focus of the role will be to support the Head of Financial Accounts with numerous ad hoc system projects.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the following:
- Support the implementation of the new accounting package (Sage 200);
- Support the production of month-end management accounts for the business units;
- The Assistant Financial Accountant role is a flexible position and other duties will be directed by the Head of Financial Accounts. These will include being the support for any new initiatives, ad hoc systems projects, holiday and absence cover.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous financial accounting experience in a financial services environment would be an advantage but not essential;
- AAT qualified/part-qualified (for internal candidates - a strong maths background/qualification would be sufficient);
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Innovative and proactive approach to tasks and processes;
- Excellent analytical and processing skills;
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills are required e.g. vlook up, pivot tables etc.;
- IT literate across Microsoft suite of products including PowerPoint, Word & Excel;
- Positive, friendly and helpful team player;
- This role offers the opportunity to join a dedicated, close knit team of friendly professionals.
Salary banding is highly competitive and we also have an excellent benefits package available at the Tenet Group, which includes:
- An annual performance-related bonus;
- Access to our flexible benefits platform, Tenetflex;
- Access to Perkbox – "the happiness platform";
- 25 days holiday as standard (and the option to buy or sell);
- Company-funded pension, income protection and life cover;
- Access to our Employee Assistance Provider (EAP);
- Free mortgage and general insurance advice;
- An invite to our Annual Staff Conference & Christmas Party;
- You'll also get a free Easter egg every year from the Tenet Easter bunny!
If this role is of interest and you think you have the relevant skills and experience, we'd absolutely love to hear from you!