Pension Transfer Specialist
Location: Sale, Manchester | Ref: N2E077
Overview: We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS) to be part of a new team providing a pension transfer advice service for a large existing bank of UK and International IFAs.
Job Type: Employed, full-time
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with skills and experience of the right candidate
Manchester or Home Based
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pension Transfer Specialist (PTS) to be part of a new team providing a pension transfer advice service for a large existing bank of UK and International IFAs. This is an FCA regulated role (CF30) and all our fees are non-contingent
There is a high demand for the service that we are offering, and we are expanding quickly to meet this demand.
We are looking for a Senior PTS to be based in our Manchester office, but would consider a home-based role for the right candidate. You will work closely alongside the Head of Pension Transfer Advice and will be encouraged to discuss cases to ensure the right outcome for the client. You will be heavily involved with the development of our proposition. This is not a data gathering or admin based role, nor is it a sales role. We outsource both compliance and paraplanning functions.
- Review Scheme Information and request the TVAS from our outsourced Paraplanner;
- Review the fact-find, TVAS and risk profile of the client;
- Complete cash flow modelling to demonstrate sustainability of income;
- Decide whether a transfer is in the client’s best interest;
- Review the IFA's recommendation in line with the client risk profile;
- Request a Suitability Report from our outsourced Paraplanner;
- Review the Suitability Report before sending to the IFA and Client;
- Keep abreast of FCA regulations;
- Help develop internal processes;
- Maintain adequate CPD records.
- Diploma Qualified (Advanced Diploma/Chartered Status Preferred);
- Must hold G60, AF3 or AF7 Qualification;
- Strong knowledge of defined benefit pension and the regulations surrounding them;
- Must have recent experience in advising on defined benefit pension transfers;
- Experience dealing with QROPS (desirable, but not essential).
What we will offer
- Competitive Salary (up to £65,000 OTE);
- Uncapped quarterly performance related bonus;
- 25 days holiday;
- Defined Contribution Pension;
- Flexible Home Working (for the right candidate) .
If you feel this could be the right role for you please submit your application today.