Mortgage Administrator/Trainee Mortgage Adviser
Location: Preston | Ref: N2E099
Overview: We have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional person to become a Mortgage Administrator/Trainee Mortgage Adviser with a busy, independent mortgage and insurance brokerage based in Preston, Lancashire.
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Up to £18,000 p.a. depending on experience
Tag: Mortgage Advisers
We have a fantastic opportunity for an exceptional person to become a Mortgage Administrator/Trainee Mortgage Adviser with a busy, independent mortgage and insurance brokerage based in Preston, Lancashire.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to study towards and achieve the CeMAP qualification in Mortgage Advice & Practice and subsequently be mentored to achieving competent adviser status for mortgages and protection.
You'll be joining an established and professional business and will be responsible for ensuring all administration for mortgages and protection for the business is effectively managed to completion in a timely manner and that all service levels are met.
Core responsibilities and duties will involve:
- Liaising with providers, lenders and clients for case progression and case placement as well as with solicitors and conveyancers regarding exchange/completion dates;
- Ensuring all necessary documentation is held within the clients file, meeting FCA's rules and regulations;
- Inputting fact finds and other case details into client database;
- Preparation of authority letters;
- Obtaining illustrations, application forms, key feature documents and other relevant supporting documentation;
- Submitting new business to providers and submitting applications online;
- Tracking new business and current position, updating Mortgage Adviser accordingly;
- Ensuring all new business has been checked and been signed off.
In return you'll receive a salary of up to £18,000 p.a. (depending on experience) as well as 22 days leave per year plus public holidays.
You'll receive funding towards studying for your CeMAP qualification (if applicable) and a structured development programme towards achieving competent adviser status as a Mortgage & Protection Adviser.
To be successful in the role you’ll need some previous experience in an administrative role as well as sound IT skills including knowledge of MS Office packages Word and Excel.
Due to the nature of the business there will be regular occasions where you will be expected to work on your own so you’ll need to be self-motivated with a flexible attitude to your work and able to use your own initiative.
Want to apply? You'll also need to be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Customer focussed approach to work;
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise effectively;
- Motivation, drive and the desire to learn and develop;
- A keen eye for detail;
- Effective team working skills.
If you feel this is the role for you and you'd like a challenging, busy role where you can develop the skills to set up a career for life, please apply today.