Location: Wateringbury nr Maidstone, Kent | Ref: N2E184
Overview: We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to become a Mortgage Administrator with a busy mortgage and protection brokerage in Wateringbury.
Job Type: Full-time or part-time, permanent
Salary: Up to £25,000 p.a. depending on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to become a Mortgage Administrator with a busy mortgage and protection brokerage in Wateringbury, Maidstone, Kent. You'll be working alongside a busy and established team. We are looking for an experienced individual who can assess mortgage and protection cases, ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and be able to liaise with customers and advisers in a friendly and professional manner
You'll be responsible for ensuring all administration for mortgage and protection business is effectively managed and completed within the required service levels.
Core responsibilities and duties will involve:
- Initial assessment of new applications, responsible for making sure the file is compliant and meets our internal requirements & Lender requirements;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and resolve problems quickly and efficiently;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Demonstrate a confident telephone manner & excellent customer service;
- A team player with ability to use own initiative;
- Must be able to work under pressure with minimum supervision;
- Computer literate;
- Accurate data input to submit applications to lenders and instruct conveyancers;
- Answering the phone and forwarding calls as necessary;
- Communicating the progress of applications to clients;
- Liaising with other parties in the process such as underwriters, solicitors and estate agents;
- Be confident in report writing;
- Data entry of mortgage and protection cases.
In return you'll receive a salary of up to £25,000 p.a. (depending on experience and qualifications). The company will also consider applications from experienced mortgage administrators who wish to work on a self-employed basis.
Applications from candidates who wish to work flexible or part-time hours will also be considered.
To be successful in the role you’ll need some previous experience in a mortgage administration role as well as sound IT skills including knowledge of MS Office packages Word and Excel.
Want to apply? You’ll also need to be able to demonstrate:
- Great organisational skills;
- Confidence in liaising with advisers and other colleagues;
- Confident and friendly telephone manner;
- Significant mortgage administration experience, used to dealing with lenders and providers;
- A positive outlook;
- Career mindedness with integrity and high levels of accuracy;
- Team player;
- Commercially minded;
- CeMAP qualification would be an advantage.
If you're an experienced Paraplanner and would like to take the next step in your career with a professional and supportive team of specialists, this could be the right role for you. Please apply today.